10.05.2007

until i think of something worthwhile to say


Okay, so it's been about three weeks since I put up a new post and the forecast for when a real one will be put up doesn't look good. We've just recently moved and things are going to be pretty hectic over the next few weeks with some traveling and speaking engagements. However, I'll try to put up some new thoughts (for the four of you who are regular readers) in the midst of all that. In the meantime I just noticed that my review of Donald Miller's "To Own a Dragon" is online over at Ransom Fellowship's new website. I'm not a big Donald Miller fan but I think he hit a homerun with this one. Given our societal milieu this book offers a helpful insight into...

I'll stop blabbing. If you're interested you can read the review here.

8 Comments:

At 1:34 AM, Blogger Karen said...

So...for those of us who aren't fatherless boys, is this book still worth reading?

 
At 5:27 AM, Blogger Travis said...

karen,
yes, i think it is. if nothing else i think my review is worth reading but i truly think the book would be a worthwhile read for many people. fatherlessness is all around. for example how many kids live on your street who have absentee dads? how many people have you worked with at wedgwood who's fathers were big blank spots in their lives? the book offers some great insights into the struggles of a huge section of our society. anyway, miller is a pretty good story teller and the book comes across more as a memoir and narrative so it's a pretty easy read.

 
At 6:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So fun! I actually read your review when it first appeared in Critique but that was before I knew you.....I thought it was good then, just as it is now.

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Travis said...

aw schucks...

 
At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this makes 5 readers. good job, dude. from one fatherless son to another.

luke

 
At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yup six readers, i always hope all the way from new zealand that you might have updated my blog (its a great way to procrastinate from study dont u know!!!) hehehe
just to let you know you are in our thoughts and prayers. give a huge hug to brooke and lots of hugs to my family when you see them k.
hugs and kisses
Debs

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger juanito said...

Seven readers! Can i get Miller in ebook format???

 
At 6:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've never used an ebook so i don't have a clue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home