7.13.2007

roads, rock, relief, rest

Shortly after returning from New Zealand I hit the road with Brooke and our friend Bonnette. Since last Thursday I've been to Chicago, Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Pittsburgh and now I'm finally back in St. Louis. Spending a night in my bed and a slow day mostly at home, I'm finally beginning to feel like I'm actually back in the country. After all my traveling I've been quite weary and the last four days or so have been a bit stressful. That's why when I got into the car yesterday afternoon I was actually looking forward to spending about 9 hours driving by myself. I was able to turn the AC and the volume up, way up. For me music has always had a very cathartic effect and yesterday was no different. Among the many CD's I listened to was the new White Stripes album, Icky Thump. This album is perfect for cranking up while alone in your car. One song in particular that melted away some of the layers of stress and weariness was the up-tempo, blues-rock tune Rag & Bone. Just go buy this album, stick it in your player and enjoy.

Now I'm back. I'm getting settled. I'm resting and resetting.

2 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo, Trav. Word and all that stuff. Call me when you're rested/reset. Hope to talk soon.

 
At 9:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome album, I agree.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home