3.06.2008

my portion

The last few weeks have been busy ones and the busyness is going to continue for awhile.  In the midst of the many things to do there have been some great moments, encouraging conversations, and feelings of contentment.  However, in the chaos and stress of busyness there have been the other moments as well.  Moments of struggle and doubt.  Wrestling with questions about timing and funds.  Wrestling with the darkness of my own heart.  How can I reach a culture of cynicism and skepticism when I too am so sorely plagued by these things?  In light of these wrestlings I found great comfort in the following words tonight:

"When my soul was embittered,
when I was pricked in heart,
I was brutish and ignorant;
I was like a beast before you.

Nevertheless, I am continually with you;
you hold my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will receive me into glory.
Whom have I in heaven but you?
And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
Psalm 73:21-26


There is great hope in the word, "Nevertheless."

2 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

amen. what a great passage.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Margie Haack said...

yes, i love that psalm. i am a beast.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home