2.02.2009

this made traveling fun

As some of you know I had surgery on my finger last Monday, 2 days before making our trip to the other side of the planet. I've had a couple of lumps in there for over a months and it was getting quite sore and painful. The doctor wasn't sure what was in there so like a good surgeon he decided that he should cut me open to see.

Turns out that was a good idea. He removed a dumbbell-shaped giant cell tumor from my middle finger. It had already grown around a nerve or two (causing some nerve damage that is most likely permanent) and was making its way toward my knuckle. The doc is fairly certain that the tumor was benign but I should get the official word this week.

Things are healing nice despite the innumerable times I smacked my splinted finger on various things while negotiating luggage in airports and planes during our trip. Seriously though, I think it looks much worse than it feels.

8 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ew, ew, ewwww!!! It kind of looks like a centipede :)

 
At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-)

you're a weirdo.

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Ick. I've seen oodles of medical stuff, most of it doesn't bother me one bit. But for some reason, stitches kinda gross me out. You are such a trooper to have surgery 2 days before leaving for the other side of the world!!

Glad you guys made it okay!

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Wow. That's remarkably gross.

I'm glad you guys made it safely to New Zealand! Are you all moved in now?

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Kirby said...

so glad y'all are there safe n' sound!! but...YIKES!...that just looks so very painful. did they give you something for it? hugs to your girls.

 
At 5:29 PM, Blogger Kitty said...

How 'bout a little warning before posting a pic like that, huh?!??! Good grief, I almost threw up a little bit.
Glad to know you made it safely, by the way.

 
At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, sorry to cause such horrified reactions. i guess having to look at it and walk around with it makes it a little less disgusting to me.

in answer to the questions and comments above, let's see...
thanks
thanks
no
it's not as bad as it looks
no
okay, i will
sorry.

i think that about covers it.

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Will K said...

That would make for one awesome and impactful "bird." Or do the NZers "flash the V" like in UK?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home