6.07.2009

the rise of christianity

I just finished reading Rodney Stark's, The Rise of Christianity.  This book has come to my attention several times over the past couple years as people I've been reading or listening to have referred to it.  Because of this I've been wanting to read it for awhile and finally just knocked it out a chapter at a time.  If your interested you can read the whole thing in electronic form here.  

I found Stark's work to be very stimulating and insightful.  His sociological research and assertions were very thought provoking.  His hermeneutics however were a bit faulty at times.  Overall though the book was worth the time and effort.  It's not really for the casual reader but if you are interested in Church history at all I'd recommend it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home