10.22.2006

halfway


Yesterday marked the halfway point of our three months in New Zealand. This realization has caused some strange sensations. In some ways we feel like we just got here while, at the same time, we feel like we've been here for at least a year. Our experience of time has taken on some strange properties in general. My graduation from Covenant Seminary feels like it took place a lifetime ago while our trip to England seems like it may never have actually happened (though I do have my prized first-edition "A Grief Observed" by C.S. Lewis that we found in Oxford to prove we were there).

We are still wrestling with whether or not we are supposed to be in Auckland for long-term service. It seems like there is way too much to do and discuss in the next month and a half. My hope is that by the time we board our plane on December 6 we will have a definite sense of what the next step is. That's my hope because right now we don't have a clue.

2 Comments:

At 4:52 AM, Blogger Joe and Emilie Schelling said...

Hey Travis,

I glad to read your last prayer update. Luke and I were talking about it this last weekend (he was in town) and both were excited by the fact that we can only assume how this all is hitting you.

Being that you and I tend to be very similar, I am excited and sympathic for you.

You are a great man of God and have matured alot over the years. Contiue to be strong.

(This entire response could be due to the pain medication I am on)

 
At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

You haven't posted in awhile, you must be busy.

I tried to call yesterday, but got no answer, then I remembered we were supposed to email ahead...oops. So I will try again next Sunday. Probably around 3 pm my time.

Hope all is going well.

Later

Love,

Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home