9.10.2008

it's a good thing i enjoy it

Here's a partial list of the fall reading and re-reading I'll be doing:
  
The Power of Team Leadership - George Barna
Precious Remedies Against Satan's Devices - Thomas Brooks
Memoirs of an Ordinary Pastor - D.A. Carson
Urban Ministry - Harvey Conn & Manuel Ortiz
A Guide to New Religious Movements - Ronald Enroth
The Christian in Complete Armour - William Gurnall
Encountering New Religious Movements - Irving Hexham, Stephen Rost, & John Morehead II
Incarnational Ministry - Paul G. Hiebert & Eloise Hiebert Meneses
The City: A Global History - Joel Kotkin
The Kingdom of the Cults - Walter Martin
Why Men Hate Going to Church - David Murrow
The Missional Leader - Alan J. Roxburgh & Fred Romanuk
The Mission of God - Christopher J.H. Wright
Evil and the Justice of God - N.T. Wright

Some of this is for my continued preparation for church planting, some is in preparation for a Sunday school class I'm doing over the next few months, some is for a class I'll be teaching next year at Grace Theological College, some is for two classes I'm taking towards my ThM, one is a new book for a class I'm TA'ing for, and a few are just for personal edification.  This is all supplemented of course by occasional snippets from, "What to Expect When You're Expecting." The good news is that, in addition to actually enjoying it, I've created a fairly comfortable office for myself in our apartment where I can do all this reading.  


5 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger Droll Flood said...

Congratulations on the kid in transitu. I know a very easy to build bookshelf plan that's cheap to build made with 1x4's.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Droll Flood said...

Let me know if you're intrested in the plans.

 
At 3:58 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

"Sarah was here."

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Priscilla said...

cool whats the class that your gonna be teaching at Grace?

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger Travis said...

silla,

for terms 1&2 i'll be teaching a course called, "Engaging Cults and New Religious Movements" and for terms 3&4 i'll be teaching a course on spiritual growth and formation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home