8.01.2008

travelin music

Brooke and I leave first thing in the morning and head to Minnesota for 5 or so days. As a late first father's day present Brooke let me pck up a couple of new CD's (thanks baby). I love having the time to sit and listen through an entire CD while driving long distances. I find that it helps me absorb the music much more fully and clearly. Anyway, I got 3 CD's for the road so here are 3 videos for your enjoyjment.

Modern Guilt is the new album by Beck. Beck is one of the few artists whose album's I don't need to preview before purchasing. While I don't like all of his stuff everything he puts out is well crafted, thoughtful, and worth listening to. I couldn't actually embed a video from this album for some reason but you can view the Orphans video by clicking here.

Next up is the "White Winter Hymnal" video by Fleet Foxes from their self-titled album. My friend Irum recommended this band to me and I'm glad she did. However, when I was previewing the album I realized I'd heard some of it before. White Winter Hymnal in particular is a song that I know I've heard either in a movie or on a TV show. I can't figure out where I know this song from and it's driving me nuts. Anybody know where I heard this?


Lastly, another recommendation from Irum. Deer Tick is basically the brainchild of John McCauley and according to the website the music "plays like super sweet blues, country, and grunge influenced music." That's a fair enough description but you can describe it yourself after you watch the video.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home