4.15.2009

new theme song


I know it released sometime around last September, but I've just recently caught wind of Snow Patrol's single "Take Back the City."  Besides being a catchy tune I think it might be my new theme song for church planting in central Auckland.  I'm not able to embed the video on the blog but you can check it out here or here.

I'm sure the band didn't have my interpretation in mind when they wrote the song but the following lyric snippets get to the heart of urban church planting.  

It's a mess, it's a start
It's a flawed work of art
Your city, your call
Every crack, every wall
Pick a side, pick a fight
Get your epitaph right


Tell me you never wanted more than this
And I will stop talking now
One perfect partner, one eternal kiss


For every time it's been hit
Take back the city tonight

I love this city tonight
I love this city always


4 Comments:

At 3:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oddly enough, I think of you guys every time I hear this song. Hope things are well. Cheers.
Jordan

 
At 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW.

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that last anonymous was me. Nathan.

 
At 1:50 AM, Anonymous travis said...

nathan, you know you just like being all anonymous and mysterious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home