5.11.2010

36 hours later...

36 is the number of consecutive hours I've just finished spending in airports and in jets. What were long flights to begin with were made worse by at least one major mechanical malfunction. I won't go into detail but suffice it to say that the experience, besides being exhausting, provided me with several moments of realizing how much I'm still more defined by anger, impatience, and bitterness rather than the grace of Christ.

Right now though, all is well. For the first time in 3 weeks I've kissed my wife, held my sleeping daughter, and felt my unborn child kick. Happiness.

Now I'm going to go pass out.

3 Comments:

At 2:07 AM, Blogger Karebear said...

I'm so glad that you are reunited as a family. I hope you get a nice long nap in. I read your update about cleaning up the park and wanted to let you know that I just attended a world wide webinar on caring for God's creation. It definitely is a part of our calling. God bless!

 
At 4:00 AM, Blogger Jeremy Ruch said...

Glad to hear you got back safely, albeit it took you a freakin' long time!

It was great to see you.

JR

 
At 4:07 AM, Blogger Gary Wischmeyer said...

Anger, impatience, bitterness...check, check and check. When driving I often get angry with my fellow travelers. I've tried to get in the habit of saying a quick prayer of blessing for the idiot that ticked me off. I realized how easily I am angered when I discovered I was saying a prayer every 10 seconds or so for the whole drive.

Glad you're back with your loved ones, Bub.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home