11.25.2006

favorite things

I have been meaning to post for quite awhile on the subject of things I like about New Zealand. This will be the first of several posts on this topic. Hopefully you won't be too bored by me telling you what I appreciate about the New Zealand culture. If so you can complain about it in the comments. I'll still do these posts even if you complain because, you know, it's my blog and I can do what I want. But if complaining makes you feel better go for it.

Anyway, to start of this series of posts I thought I'd give you a few video clips. One of my abosolute favorite things about New Zealanders is their sense of humour (that's the Kiwi spelling of humor). This first video is a few years old but it's classic.



This next video is a recent commercial for L&P. Despite my recent disappointment with those who sell L&P products (see the post below this one) their advertisements are stinkin hilarious. The one below is their best one in my opinion. Enjoy.



More favorites coming soon.

4 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, i was thinking that i would search online for one, and i would find one for really cheap (used, you are right, but cheap) and then i would send it to you all anonymous and stuff...but i couldn't find even one, none, nothing....so sorry. i guess you might have to take out a loan for the tshirt if you really want it, cuz i certainly can't find one for you....and probably it would've been cooler to get one from the actual place than off of ebay, right? :)

 
At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

karla,
you are way too cool. i've never even met you personally and you thought of doing that. you rock!

brooke looked for one on "trade me", which is new zealand's version of ebay, and the last l&p t-shirt they auctioned was a year or so ago and it was full of stains. i don't think i would buy one of the shirts from the store even if i had the money to spend. it's kinda the principle of the thing. you shouldn't have to pay $50 dollars for a t-shirt that probably cost 50 cents to make. it's just ridiculous.

oh well. i'm done ranting. thanks again for the kind thought.

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

as much as i bug you for liking to disagree with people, i think i would really like you in real-life. i don't mind you disagreeing. i would guess that i disagree just as much, just not as much in type. :)

 
At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh - i love those two ads. I looked up that "stubbies" one as soon as you mentioned that L&P's has funny ads. Male thigh is the new six-pack abs. I don't think that makes sense...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home