12.17.2006

umm... still adjusting

Okay so I've totally been meaning to blog more about our transition back to the U.S. but I've been really wiped out physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Transitioning back has been much more difficult for me than for my lovely wife.

Last night I hung out with several of the guys who were in the youth group last year. They have just finished their first semester of college so it was good to see them again and hear their thoughts on college life with its ups and downs. We'd played Risk until about 2:00 in the morning. When we finished I dropped one of the guys off back at his place and then began driving back to the Walker's where we are living. As I was driving I looked in my rear-view mirror and saw some idiot coming up behind me but in the wrong lane. All of the sudden it dawned on me that I was the idiot. I was totally driving in the left lane as if I were back in New Zealand!!! I quickly corrected my error hoping that the guy coming up behind me wasn't a cop. Fortunately it wasn't a cop car but the driver must have thought I was completely hammered.

Anyway, one of the things I've been doing is uploading small video clips from New Zealand. My hope is to have all these up in the next couple of days. When they are up I'll put a link on the blog so anyone who wants to check them out can. In the meantime, here's another humorous commercial from the land of the Kiwis. To properly understand it you need to know that Kiwis call swimming suits "togs." Enjoy.

3 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Blogger Bailey Mohr said...

So glad you guys are back. Are you still coming by on Wednesday? I will be at lunch with AV from 11-12, but I really want to see your pictures!

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Priscilla said...

hey Travis u werent in the wrong at all! :P the left-hand side is the proper side to drive on after all...

heh i just saw that Trumpet ad on tv not long ago - its so random!

btw in case ur wondering who i am, im Simon's (Camp) daughter..

all the best with the rest of the adjusting :)

~Priscilla

 
At 5:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

priscilla,

the left side of the road may be the "right" side of the road it will eventually get me killed or arrested over here so hopefully i will finish adjusting soon. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home