6.24.2007

it's official


On Sunday morning I was officially recieved into membership of Covenant Presbyterian Church and into the Grace PResbyterian Church of New Zealand. While Brooke will join when we move over I needed to join now so that I could begin the ordination process. It really isn't that big a deal in the grand scheme of things but it does feel a bit strange that I'm now a member of a church outside of the States.

During the worship service I also had a chance to share a bit about where Brooke and I are at in regards to getting back to New Zealand. I also shared the vision for the central Auckland church plant. After the service I had several people come up to me who were very excited about what we wanted to do and some of them are even thinking about joining us. We've known since December that the leadership of the GPCNZ is behind this vision but it's nice to know that average folks in the congregations are supportive as well.

On Sunday evening I preached at Covenant on Mark 8:22-26. This sermon was being assessed by the elders as part of my licensure requirements. Licensure is one of the first steps towards being ordained and usually involves an examination of beliefs and testing of gifts and ability. My examination is on Wednesday night and I still have a bit of preparation to do for that but it should go fine. Oh yeah, I'm told the assessment of my sermon was positive for the most part which means that I passed.

Only five more days before I fly home. Have I mentioned that I miss my wife?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home