6.12.2007

d.c. adventures

I returned last night from my D.C. trip. The time there flew by but it was good overall. Thanks to my personal tour guide Dave I was able to see quite a few of the main attractions in a relatively short amount of time. I never made it to the Smithsonian or the Library of Congress though. I decided to wait until I can spend several hours (or days) at each. D.C. is an interesting place. On Friday while we were driving around we ended up behind a black Secret Service SUV that was following behind a black Lincoln at approximately 10 inches or so. It's a pretty interesting city with lots of amazing architecture but I don't think I could ever live there, it's just way too intense.

The retreat went well. I got to meet some pretty cool college students as well as reconnect with Dave and Laura who were our next door neighbors during Seminary. I think the talks went well overall. The students asked real questions and made insightful comments so we were able to have some good discussion throughout the weekend. At one point one during the weekend a student came up to me and said, "Thanks for talking with us instead of just at us." In my opinion that's one of the best compliments I could have recieved.

Now I'm back and preparing to leave again. I get on a plane for New Zealand in a few hours and will be gone until June 29 (or, 29 June if you're reading this in New Zealand). I hope to put up a few posts while I'm away. Until then here are some pics from my D.C. adventures.



























2 Comments:

At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

travis,

amen on the comment from the teenager; that's the highest compliment.

good to see Jeremy there!

Luke

 
At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you are back travis, hope all the talks went well.

just wanted to write a quick note so that you know that Ruth Galpin checks your blog all the time awaiting new news.

tell you wife hello for me nad i hope we can have a meal together some time soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home