6.01.2007

food for thought

Given my limited time to write anything original I thought I'd share a few of my favorite quotes from a few of my heroes in the faith. Here they are in chronological order:

"It is living, dying, and even being condemned which makes a theologian - not reading, speculating, and understanding"
- Martin Luther







"God limits our knowledge first that we should be kept humble and also that we should continue to have dealings with our fellows."
- John Calvin








"Do not bury our glorious orthodoxy in the treachorous pit of spurious conservatism."
- Abraham Kuyper







Let me know what you think about these thoughts. I might start including regular quotes from whatever I happen to be reading.

2 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Blogger juanito said...

Love the Kuyper quote. Spurious conservatism. Sounds so much like what's been going on for a while. I think glorious orthodoxy is becoming ascendant... perhaps?

 
At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i guess it depends on what you mean by glorious orthodoxy. there are several within the emerging circles that claim a "generous orthodoxy" but have so watered down the definition of orthodoxy that it doesn't really mean anything. and ascendant is just an interesting term. we can always hope though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home