7.22.2008

pitt

Brooke and I have been in Pittsburgh, PA since late last week on a support raising trip.  We are staying with our good friends Jon and Meagan, their kids Ella and Josh, and one of our favorite dogs in the world, Lucy.  

I preached twice yesterday at their Church but today we are all enjoying a nice day of R&R.  We had lunch and did some shopping down in the historic Strip District.  If you're ever in the area be sure to stop in at Enrico's for some amazing food.  In the afternoon we came back home where we all enjoyed some wonderful nap time.

The most exciting news is that in about 10 minutes Jon and I are leaving to go see the Dark Knight at IMAX!  I've been looking forward to this movie for a year and so far I haven't heard one bad review.  We head home tomorrow so I'll let you know how it was after we get home.

UPDATE:  All the hype is true.  The Dark Knight gets 4 1/2 stars in my book.  It is truly sad that Heath Ledger's best acting role turned out to be his last.  His turn as the Joker was stunningly disturbing and made Jack Nicholson's Joker look like a pansy.  

2 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I assume that you are giving the Dark Knight 4.5 stars out of 4.5 stars. Right?
Cheers. Jordan

 
At 5:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry, but that's a 4.5 out of 5. i might be able to go up to a 4.8 or 9 though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home