2.25.2007

a request

My grandmother called me yesterday to let me know that my greataunt Bebe had passed away. Aunt Bebe has had significant health issues in the past ten years or so, but even with her health problems her death comes as a shock. Aunt Bebe was a fun and fun loving person. Even in the last few years when life must have been difficult for her she tried to remain positive. It was always a pleasure to see her at family gatherings and to enjoy her sweet smile. She will be greatly missed. Death is never easy and it shouldn't be accepted stoically. Throughout Scripture death is portrayed as an alien invader in this world and the New Testament teaches that death is the last enemy to be defeated when Jesus finishes history.

For those of you who pray, I ask that you pray for my family in this time of grief and mourning. Please pray that they would they would find refuge and solace in the arms of the One who has promised to destroy death.

2 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Blogger marsena said...

I'm so sorry, Travis.

 
At 3:30 AM, Blogger juanito said...

Amen -- death is NOT okay. It's bad. I feel for you and your family, and will pray that hearts and minds are open.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home