1.31.2007

sleeping with the enemy


As some of you know Brooke started a new job last week. It pains me to broadcast this on the internet but her new employer is Starbucks. There, I said it. Admitting the problem is the first step to dealing with it. Since I've discussed it before I won't go into all the details of why I don't care much for Starbucks. I just don't.

However, I have to admit that Starbucks is growing on me. First of all they are providing my wife with temporary (I emphasize temporary) employment. We need money and they're giving her a paycheck so I can't complain too much. Second, we have been without any health insurance for over a month now and we need some. After two months of part-time employment Brooke will qualify to receive health benefits so that's another plus I can't argue with. Third (and most importantly), Starbucks has been the place where I can get a drink most similiar to a Flat White. Mmmmm.... Flat White.

I guess at the end of the day even though she's a slave to the multi-national, corporate machine responsible for globalizing bad coffee I still love her.

5 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm a flat white...I think I will go have one this avo in your honour Travis...it will be a sacrifice but I'll do it :) Maybe I could bring one with me when I come visit(D.V.) it just might be a little cold though by the time it gets there! Glad to hear about the Lord's continued provision for you guys, miss you both lots.
:) Bon

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for rubbing in your ability to go get a flat white. oh well, enjoy it for my sake. hope to see you in the near future.

 
At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Travis,

never say, never. even the best of us have to eat our words sometimes.

luke brad bobo

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Cartee Bales said...

mmmmmmm flat white!

 
At 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i will pray for you.

blogging from meshuggah,
jeremy

. . . in the spirit of fairness, i will admit to buying my Coke by the pallet at Costco.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home