3.19.2007

31

So thitry-one years ago today I was, ya know, born and stuff. It's amazing to me how perspective on age shifts with time. When I was eighteen I thought of thirty-one as old, now... not so much. It also seems to me that the distance between the age you are and the age you consider to be old gets bigger with time as well. While at eighteen I thought thirty-one was old (a thirteen year gap between current age and old age), at thirty-one I now think your old when you're like sixty-five (a thirty-four year gap between current age and old age). At any rate this birthday kind of feels like a nothing birthday. Thirty was a big one but thirty-one really holds nothing exciting for me. On top of that, while I don't think of myself as "old" I can definitely tell I'm not in my early twenties anymore. My expanding belly gives me some indication of this as well. Oh joy. Happy gettin-older-day to me.

9 Comments:

At 1:53 PM, Blogger Joe and Emilie Schelling said...

Welcome to the club brother! I know what you feel about not feeling old, but not feeling like your 20 anymore. Maybe its my fault for still working in residential with rowdy kids! I think I missed the wisdom part in "older age" Praying for you!

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Priscilla said...

hey 31 does hold something exciting for ya...coming back to NZ! (God-willing) :)

but yeah happy b'day!

-Priscilla

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TRAV!!! And yup no matter wat you think 31 definitely is old. Hehe kidding you are basically still a spring chicken! And yea like silla said you never know what awesome things God has in store for you this year.

Lots of blessings and love you and brooke are in our prayers
Debs

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger juanito said...

Yay!!! Happy birthday, Travis!

Now stuff like when you turn your neck really far for a while and then turn back to look forward again, it'll hurt.

 
At 2:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday friend -- weird how last year you were my neighbor and I went to your birthday party and this year i hear about your birthday from a web posting.
how life changes, weird!!
happy birthday -- see you on Friday:)

 
At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Youre still a stud even if you are old. I love you Travis. Gabe does too. And Blake.

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Carrie Roer said...

Haha yeah you are old. :) (although at the rate these years go by I'll be there myself before I know it...)

 
At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Travis,
I'm sorry I didn't know it was your birthday...Happy Belated Birthday! I hope you had a great day...and you are totally not old...I say that as I approach my next b'day!!
Blessings,
Bon

 
At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are still a baby.

Luke (the old man).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home