5.02.2007

my thoughts make someone think

So apparently my ponderings here on the blog have provided food for thought for at least one person. Our friend Megan has a given me a thinking blogger award. Apparently the deal is that she received one and had to pick five blogs that make her think. Now I'm supposed to nominate five blogs that make me think to receive this award.

This is a bit hard for me since I generally don't read blogs in order to think. That's why I read books. Most of the blogs I read are more geared towards keeping me caught up with the goings on of friends. The other thing that makes it hard is that I don't generally get involved in this sort of thing (it seems to me to be the blog version of SPAM. No offense Megan.). To be a good sport though I suppose I will suggest five blogs worth reading. I think all of the blogs in my blog roll are worth reading though so if yours doesn't make it into this list of five please don't think that I don't think much of your thoughts. Anyway, in no particular order, here ya go:

1. Wanito's World Juanito is a friend of mine from Grand Rapids. His blog is mostly about everyday life and his wonderful family. However, Juanito does tend to bring up topics that provoke a good deal of thought on a pretty regular basis. I've probably left more comments on his blog than on any other.
2. the dassler effect Neil is a friend I've gotten to know a bit during our time in St. Louis. Neil is a good writer and an even better photographer. Many of the pictures he puts up on his blog are fantastic. While his words have provoked thought his photos stir up my mind and heart in a much deeper way.
3. junkmail for blankets This is the first blog I ever read and continues to be one I return to regularly. Jeremy is a Rembrandt of writing. His words not only provoke thought they make reading a pleasure.
4. Sean Michael Lucas Dr. Lucas is the VP for Academics and Assistant Professor of Church History at Covenant Seminary. While I never had a class with Sean I've learned much from him in the few conversations we've had. He often has interesting posts about the happenings within the church and reading his blog keeps me abreast of some developments I may have otherwise missed. He also posts book reviews quite often which I've found helpful. I think he reads more in the average week than I read in a year.
5. Umm.... I've got like a three or four-way tie for fifth place. The way I will resolve this dilemma is by not choosing a blog to put here. If you're reading this and think your blog deserves to be mentioned here, it probably does so consider yourself my number 5.

There you have it. If you are reading this and your blog was mentioned above claim your award by clicking on the icon above and then copying and pasting it to your blog. Then, if you want, pick five blogs that make you think. (If you don't follow through with the last thing I'll understand.)

5 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Blogger Megan said...

No offense. Craig hates it too which is sort of why I put him on the list. And I was supposed to play quite a while ago, but didn't get around to it until this week. Most of the time I just skip it altogether too.

Honestly - most of the blogs I read *don't* make me think that much so my struggle came in finding 5 that actually did. How's that for goofball?

 
At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so i'm guessing that my blog doesn't really make you think. you just needed someone to stick in at number 5? :-)

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger juanito said...

Yay! I totally accept, except i'm going to bed in a few minutes. And i'm using Linux.

 
At 7:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks. I totally accept, too, and, considering the nominating committee and the company, really feel quite honored, and encouraged, particularly regarding the photos.

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Megan said...

Okay, maybe that came out wrong. You really really really make me think. Tonight you made me think (briefly) about jumping into that pool while wearing denim capris. But then I had to think again and realized what a totally dumb decision that would be.

See? You make me think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home